Sunday, March 1, 2009

This is my daughter, Anjelle Starr. She is four years old and is my world. She is so beautiful. She is right in the middle of the phase of her life (3 to 14) where she is obsessed with the notion of being a princess of a ballerina. So about 3 or 4 months ago, I bought her a long princess prom-like dress for her to wear on her 4th birthday. She went off the walls when she saw it, and I realized how rewarding it really can be to do something so little, but for a little mind it is the world you are giving them. So a couple of weeks after that I had an idea, what about ballet lessons? I did some research, and made a few phone calls, and finally found a dance studio with classes for all ages, with one class specifically for kids aged from 3 to 6, so I enrolled her. Each week, the highlight of my week is Thursday evening, when I get off work I come get Anjelle as usual, but her grandpa takes her to the dance class when I am working, and I usually pick her up. Seeing her dressed in her leotard, dancing with the other little girls makes my heart do a flip, she has such a passion for music and dance, I see her doing great things when she grows up.

1 comment: